Sydney- A seemingly happy conclusion to a tragic incident. Back in 2005, young Monika Samaan (then 7 years old), her mom and brother were hospitalized with salmonilla poisoing after eating a “Twister Wrap’ from KFC.
Everyone emerged from the hospital in good health except for Monika, who was left severly brain damaged and confined to a wheel chair. Of course KFC Denied responsibility, challenging the family in court. The judge, however, felt differently and ordered KFC to pay 8.3 million in damages to the family.
Although no amount of money can ever restore young Monika to full health, I’m elated that some good could come from this horrible situation.
Be safe and remain aware of what you’re eating.